Thursday, October 28

starting again.....






....I believe it is a rather human tendency not to communicate as much when things are going well. And things have been going fairly well, no major problems, my emotions about my mom's state are under control for now, we have a pretty good rhythm going....

But this is a caregiving journal. And when I started it, I wanted it to be both full of the little daily things that are a part of caregiving and the big thoughtful things that cross my mind and heart. I wanted it to be just the sort of place another caregiver could look forward to visiting everyday just to hear a little something from someone else walking the same path. And some place to share the deeper things sometimes, as they would certainly be better gotten out than kept in.

So I am starting again. And I will be playing with a list of sorts to fill in every day, about the day before......how Mom slept, what we watched, anything funny or notable said, etc. It will help me to remember things, perhaps help me to see patterns, and lists are easy and satisfying. I hope that any caregivers who find my little spot here will find something worthwhile if I devote myself to writing here much more often.

Beginning again.....

No comments: